2009年4月28日

Rob James Kolomyski


Room on the Clinton_2006_22" x 24"_oil




Cruisers_2007_22" x 24"_oil

Head 2_2006_20"x16"_oil



Call Earl_2006_20"x16"_oil


Head 1_2006_20"x16"_oil



I am interested in the journey of painting. For me this begins with specific places, characters and moments from my own world that hold meaning be it sentimental or anecdotal. As the journey progresses, I allow the world of painting to intersect my own world of meaning in a free and open conversation. By the world of painting I mean its rich history and current temperaments, its pour and flow and flake and pile. Throughout this dialog, the original static subject is allowed to change and flow in dynamic cross-pollination with the rich and temperamental speed of idea, action and material. Painting in this sense becomes a concrete tool of investigation with which to more closely observe the enigmatic flux of meaning, and, for me, its trend toward a more open and poetic language. Within this process I find myself continuously at the crossroads where the virtual meets the real, between figuration and abstraction, where the specific velocity of decision-making and problem solving may be most closely observed. I am currently interested in participating with this point in the journey, this dynamic cusp of resolution, and observing its function as a catalyst for a more honest and open recognition of the original sentiment, and its relationship to painting, picture and culture.



沒有留言: